1. What do I need to incorporate a Singapore company?

You need: Either a local or foreign individual to register the company

  • A minimum paid-up capital of $1, there is no requirement for authorised capital.
  • At least one director and one shareholder. At least one of your directors must be a Singapore resident, i.e. either a Singapore citizen or permanent resident or a foreigner who is either an Employment Pass or a Dependant’s Pass holder;
  • A local registered address
  • A local Company Secretary

2. What documents do I need to provide to incorporate a Singapore company?

You must submit:

  • For Singapore resident shareholder or director: A copy of his or her Singapore Identity Card
  • For non-resident shareholder or director: A copy of his or her passport, proof of residential address and foreign identity card
  • If your shareholder is a corporate entity: A copy of the Certificate of Incorporation, the registered address and the directors of the parent company
  • All documentation must be in English. Non-English documents must be officially translated into English.)

3. As a foreigner holding a Singapore Employment Pass, can I register a company?

Yes, you can unless your contract with your current employer prohibits you from doing so. If you wish to be employed by your new company, you will have to apply for a new Employment Pass. Once this is approved, you will have to cancel your current pass.

4. As a foreigner based outside Singapore, can I relocate to set up and run my business from Singapore?

Yes, you can. You will have to incorporate a Singapore company and apply for either an EntrePass or Employment Pass.

If you have any queries on how we can serve you, please feel free to call our hotline

click here

Contact Us

Phone Number